zero waste CSA produce (that is, veggies)

zero waste CSA produce (that is, veggies)

I've been trying to determine the ideal sequence for using up a delivery of CSA veggies before anything goes bad. Just finished reading Tamar Adler's An Everlasting Meal (Kindle edition), which is chock full of ways to use leftovers (highly recommend); however, it doesn't specify a specific sequence. I get a large delivery of veggies every two weeks, and a few go to waste each time. Here's my first stab at the best sequence for using them. Suggested modifications welcome.

First few days: use up greens in salads, sauté, or make pesto with them (e.g., radish greens).

Second: Eat fresh or boil or roast cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower). If roasting, also include veggies with thin skins (tomatoes, summer squash, onions). If not eaten same day, roasted vegs can be added to omelets or tarts (Adler has some good ideas, often involving ricotta).

Third:  Thick skinned veggies and root vegetables and cabbage: roast or sauté, or make soup/stock.

Separate category: finger foods for lunches: carrots, snow peas, green beans, etc.

Re: zero waste CSA produce (that is, veggies)

We get a large CSA box every two weeks, also. We do pretty much what you have up there as far as sequence goes. Two minor differences:
1. We tend to have our first meal (that night) with whatever our favorite item is from that box.
2. We share our large box with another family (half & half...cost and quantity and pick-up), so we do not have loads of any one thing. We also still purchase some organic veggies/fruits and we grow some, too. More sources = more variety and more juggling. LOL