shopping for meat with my own containers

123
Jutta Jutta

Re: shopping for meat with my own containers

These Chantal containers remind me of these:   http://ic.longaberger.com/ecommerce/control/category?PURCHASE_STATE=STANDARD&category_id=WOVEN_TRADITIONS&REFERRING_USER_ID=276147#utm_source=MSG0325&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MSG0325   from Longaberger.  Wonder where they are made?  The Longaberger ones don't have the silicone seal on the larger pieces though.  Chantal's prices are much better.

Jutta

Re: shopping for meat with my own containers

I have had similar thoughts about starting a local, in person support group. Have you pursued this? If, so how did you proceed? How's it coming along?
Hoping you see this...
Sarah Sarah

Re: shopping for meat with my own containers

When I tried to purchase meats in glass containers I had this experience:

The butcher was lovely and was more than happy to fill my jars with meat- however he took the meat (eg mince,chicken breasts) out of their containers with a plastic bag and weighed the meat in the plastic bag and then deposited into the jar,got a new plastic bag for the next meat I requested and did the same.

The butcher can't take meat out of the container with their bare hands and those bags would have gotten thrown away after I left so I don't really see this as being waste free at all!!

I can't see a way that meat could be waste free other than killing and butchering it yourself.

Any ideas?
Sarah Sarah