safe compost bin

amy amy

safe compost bin

hi, i'm having trouble trying to decide which compost bin to buy. Does anyone know anything about galvanized metal ones leaching into their compost, or plastic leaching into compost? Its for our veggie garden.

I was also looking at the bokashi ones but they sell the mix you add in plastic bags :(

thanks
amy
Reed Reed

Re: safe compost bin

Hi Amy,
If you don’t have to worry about neighbors or a housing association, open air piles work really well.  I tried bins and tumblers but had endless problems with both.  I finally just started a big pile (for yard waste) and it’s been easier and has worked better, as long as I turn it ;)
I have compost worms for kitchen waste.  They are definitely my favorite way to compost—efficient, easy and work year round.
Best of luck with your search and Happy Composting!