risque, but funny

Marrena Lindberg Marrena Lindberg

risque, but funny

at least I think it's funny!  Minor tiff with the boyfriend yesterday, and the long and short of it, I decided to go out and buy myself a vibrator.  Good Vibes here in Boston has every vibrator known to man, so I'm wandering among the shelves, and all I can think of looking at the vibrators is all that plastic packaging and thinking about how many batteries I will be throwing away (AAA batteries--seriously?).  The two plug-in-the-wall ones were so enormous, and the rechargeables were so expensive ($134--seriously?).  And then I found a solar-powered bullet vibe and I was in love.  $34, and packed only in recyclable cardboard.  So I bought it and took it home in my reusable shopping bag.

This website is having an effect on every aspect of my life!
noodlez89 noodlez89

Re: risque, but funny

Wow I didn't know such a thing existed! I would definitely consider buying this when I get sick of my current one. Thanks for sharing ;)

Re: risque, but funny

Awesome!
Nic.A Nic.A

Re: risque, but funny

That is hilariously awesome! However if that wasn't enough for someone, there are always rechargeable batteries or even a plugged in back massager (which would most likely come in a cardboard box, which could be recycled or composted). Is there a name to the solar vibrator so us looky-loos could goggle it?
~*Nicole

For more eco-friendly ideas, visit my blog.
http://nicinotes.blogspot.com/
Caraline Caraline

Re: risque, but funny

On a slightly different note I was looking at greener ways to dispose of contraceptives - birth control, condoms, etc. and stumbled upon Sir Richards (http://sirrichards.com/) which makes bio-degradable vegan condoms!

Not only does Sir Richards not use milk products in their condoms but for every condom bought one is donated to a developing country. Going green just got sexually healthier so to speak :)

On another note, how do you all go about reducing waste on birth control? Every single casing of pills is put into a non-recyclable package which is then placed into a plastic holder which I'm not sure is recyclable. Sigh. So much packaging.

at Home at Home

Re: risque, but funny

There are many different types of birth control.

Many people are focused on the pill or other hormone methods such at the patch or vaginal ring. All of these methods have a lot of packaging associated with them.  Not to mention the input of extra hormones into your body. For some this can be helpful to regulate periods or for other health reasons, however I did not care much for the idea.

Another method I find a lot greener is the copper IUD.
http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/intrauterine-device-iud-for-birth-control

All of the above methods protect against pregnancy, but have no protection against STDs. If you have multiple partners or are unsure of your partners STD status you will need to use another form of protection. The vegan condom option sounds interesting. The difficult thing about condoms is that they need to be sealed in that packaging that can not biodegrade or be recycled. There is no way around that!