photo albums (analog)

depart depart

photo albums (analog)

What are your advices for decluttering the photo album shelf(ves) ?

I like photo albums as they are easy to access, easy to share moments around albums with family, friends... but I hate paper clutter.

I postponed this decision for a long time, but now is the right time.

What have you done to replace them ? scanned all the pages on a flatbed scanner ? made a new digital album (see my other thread about this) ? just scanned a few pictures and trash the albums ?

I must say I'm a bit lost. I'm scanning the negatives, so I will have a digital copy of (probably) each photo but it's not the same thing as an album which is a selection of the best pictures... sometimes with a caption, date, ...

It was so "easy" to get rid of 99% of my other papers (bills, instruction manuals, ...) but I really struggle with photographs ! helpppp

Re: photo albums (analog)

These are all good questions, and I hope others have some suggestions. I have found digitizing analog photos tedious and annoying, and would love to hear how this can be done more efficiently! AND in a format that will still be around 20-30 years from now.
We still have shoe boxes of old photos that I just cannot bear to go through, sigh…….

Re: photo albums (analog)

Aren't there services that will digitize that stuff for you?  I can't see wasting huge amounts of time scanning stuff either, but  depending on how important your photos are to you,  you could find a service that does it.   Or find a neighbor kid to do it and pay them per photo.   There are places that turn VHS tapes into downloadable videos, there have to be services out  there that will  digitize whatever you wanted.