not allowed to fill my container

Krystyn Krystyn

not allowed to fill my container

I was at New Leaf in Half Moon Bay and was told that I could not use my own container in the hot prepared foods buffet. I was with my young son and was feeling very proud that we brought our own glass pyrex dish (sorry, plastic lid) with us to get dinner. I spoke with the manager who said she called someone to see if it was ok and was told by that someone that it was against the law. I asked if she could produce that law and but after looking on her phone for it said she could not find it. Does anyone know of this law?
Zero Waste Home Zero Waste Home

Re: not allowed to fill my container

The law says that the store cannot refill a used takeout container...it does not mention refilling a clean container brought from home.