deodorant

Dawnie Dawnie

deodorant

i had read this blog and saw somewhere that Bea uses alum stones for deodorant.  She of course gets hers in bulk which I haven't been able to find, but I did find one that was at least in recyclable packaging. I have been using it for over a month now with great results. Keep in mind we are just now getting into warmer weather where I live so we will see how it does when summer gets here.   My husband tried it 2 times and did not have good results, he said he was too smelly by the end of the day.  I wonder what others experiences were with it and man vs. Woman.....I'm wondering if Bea's husband uses the alum as well?

Re: deodorant

I use a crystal stone sometimes and I use the roll-on version other times. I have both and just grab whichever is handiest that morning. I like them both and they both work. The crystal has lasted me a LONG time, many years, and is the size of an average strawberry now (shaped more like a stone, tho). It is definitely the more economical way to go. The roll-on is an easier transition. With either one, you have to apply it all over the underarm area...not necessarily a lot of product, but rather good coverage. Diligence has its rewards. ;)

I have only just recently gotten DH to use anything besides his Old Spice stick. I have had several choices available for him for several years (crystal roll-on, crystal stone, Tom's of Maine -- he would just buy his own) and he chose the most recent purchase, which is a sage spray deodorant (glass bottle with plastic mister top) made by Weleda. I got it at a local discount store and loved the packaging (glass!) and the scent and the price ($1.59). Weleda is usually so expensive at the local hfs. I did not check it out online anywhere first, though, so I hope it is a healthy alternative. It smells like sage EO and alcohol of some kind. (It's too strong for me to use...burns my underarms, but he likes it...go figure.) It smells REALLY good!!! ;)