compost bin

Lori Lori

compost bin

I want to start composting but I have two hound dogs in the yard, any suggestions?

I live in Colorado where it's very cold in the winter also.

Should I get a composting bin for outside? what happens to the compost that I put in there? I will have to empty it at some point how do I know when to empty it?

Any help on this would be great!
Lori

Re: compost bin

Hi, Lori. This 'Guide to Effective Composting" from the Oregon Metro website was helpful to me when I started a compost bin. The link is (http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=553). There are descriptions of the different types of composting and directions on how to build your own bin. Hope this helps.
CarlWilliams CarlWilliams

Re: compost bin