camping

purpletrunks purpletrunks

camping

Hi, we are very keen campers and I am very interested to hear of zero waste tips for camping. My biggest problem is beds. Inflatable lilos seem to have become almost single use, to the point my favourite site in chepstow uk has a section of tge recycling area specially for them

I did think about looking for second hand sheepskins but we would need so many for 4 of us that this seems impractical.  Any ideas?

The plethora of plastic camping tableware needs a rethink too...

Cheers
Louisa
trish trish

Re: camping

They sell sleeping pads that aren't inflatable.  They are a bit bulkier.

We like stainless steal plates, cups, water bottles, and cookware for camping.  Be on the lookout for them at thrift stores.  We use skewers over the fire pit grate and like to cook things "on a stick".  I try to plan our menu to include things that require little to no preparation or cooking for most meals so we don't have to be burning campfires during the day.  Lots of whole fruits and veggies,  salads, nuts or trail mix, breads cooked at home before the trip, etc.

We camp the way I did as a girlscout: everyone has their own plate, fork, spoon, and cup and each person washes his or her own dishes and hangs them to dry.

Pillows and flashlights can be brought from home, sleeping bags and tents can be purchased at garage sales or borrowed from friends and relatives.