buying milk

NVMOMOF3 NVMOMOF3

buying milk

I'm new here and i must say im hooked on becoming a zero waste home. The only thing is trying to figure out where to start. It seems over wealming and all; but at the same time is exciting. Anyways my question is how would i go about getting milk in bulk and or zero waste. I looked in here and was unable to find something in regards to Milk. I seen the video as far as using glass milk jars but im totally lost after that. I live in Las Vegas so im not sure if im going to need to find a farm or something else. Any advice or tips anyone might have?? Also i do alot of baking; and any advice for bulk ZW baking products like flour, nuts, baking soda, corn starch, chocolate chips, ect ect??? Im looking for these products in large quantities. Does anybody have any advice on where to turn. Thanks in advance

Re: buying milk, etc.

You have Whole Foods in Las Vegas, so might want to start there and see what's available in their bulk bins, dairy, etc. Over time, with some research, you may find smaller, less expensive options.
Also, read through all the great posts on this forum as well as all that Bea has written; lots of inspiration!

Re: buying milk

I agree, Whole Foods should have most of the items you mentioned. Re: buying milk in glass bottles, at WF you can return the glass container to customer service and get your bottle deposit back (about $1.50). At first, I was taken aback by the price of the glass-bottled milk, but after subtracting the bottle deposit, the price is on par with the milk that's sold in a carton. Flour and other baking supplies that are sold in the bulk bins aisle are also competitively priced. Hope this helps!