bottles and breastmilk storage

Michele Michele

bottles and breastmilk storage

Does anyone have recommendations for plastic free bottles?  I was looking at Pura but would like some advice?  Also not sure how to freeze or store pumped milk once I go back to work as I have always used plastic breastmilk freezer bags.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Heather Heather

Re: bottles and breastmilk storage

Mason jars (like the ones used for canning fruit) are great for storing milk--plus they never leak like the bags can!  When baby gets older, the jars are also excellent for packing around dry snacks and storing baby food.
Jenny Jenny

Re: bottles and breastmilk storage

I have never used any myself, but have heard great things about glass bottles.
Xochitl Xochitl

Re: bottles and breastmilk storage

I was in the same predicament  while trying to find plastic free bottles for a friend's baby shower gift a few months ago. I found the Dr. Brown glass bottles that were highly recommended to me by other recent mothers but the bottles still have a plastic ventilation system and cap, and the nipple is made of high-grade silicone. I tried finding a better alternative that suited her busy lifestyle but this was the best I could do. Hope this helps. I am still looking for that perfect bottle that I know I can completely trust to have none of the harmful effects of plastic so if you find anything, let me know. Thanks.
Alison Alison

Re: bottles and breastmilk storage

I used glass baby food jars for storing milk in the freezer. I liked the varying sizes and that i didn't have to thaw too much at a time.

Re: bottles and breastmilk storage

I use 8 glass evenflow bottles from target.com for pumping, and keep them in a little cooler with an ice pack until I get homeand put them in the frigde.  Those bottles become the next day's meals while I am at work.  We skip the freezing step.  Unfortuantely,I've never had the milk supply to really stock a freezer anyway.  If I did, I would use glass jars and put only one days worth in each jar so it could be thawed and used in the recommended 24 hr period.  Mason jars would be fine, just don't let the milk touch the bpa lined lids.