bandaids

ellen ellen

bandaids

Hi, new to this forum. I often get cuts and feel the need to cover them so they don't get infected. I wash my hands often during the day, so they get wet and need to be replaced. Any ideas on what to use in their place?
Stephanie Stephanie

Re: bandaids

Hi,

If they're only small scratches then you don't need to cover them. Letting the air get at them will heal them quicker. If you wash your hands regularly this will keep them clean anyway. If it's anything deeper/larger that continues bleeding then cover them. Maybe with gauze and tape? The gauze is usually cotton so could be composted.

Stephanie
Karen Karen

Re: bandaids

I heard that you can use Lambs Ear which is a plant that grows here on the west coast. It is a very,  very soft fuzzy leaf.  I heard they use to put this over the wound and tied it on with a small strip of cloth. This was before band aids were invented! The plant grows well on the central coastal area of CA.