Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

Catherine Catherine

Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with zero waste wedding gift ideas for some friends. They are a stylish gay couple who have been together for years and have a house in the city and the country. I was thinking of something cool and vintage (like a mid-century ice bucket?) but I want to make sure it doesn't seem cheap. I'd be grateful for any helpful advice.

Thank you!

Re: Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

I like your idea!  I'd hit up the antiques shops.  If they like vintage/ antique stuff, and you select a nice quality piece in great condition, then I doubt they would interpret your gift as cheap!  I love the idea of an ice bucket particularly!

If they are the type of people who only like new stuff, you could look at their registry and buy something new but practical and made of recyclable materials.  Stainless steel or cast iron cookware, stainless mixing bowls, silverware, cooking or serving utensils etc. or sheets, a thow blanket, towels, a tablecloth, cloth napkins,etc. made of natural fibers.  Baskets made of natural materials are always good containers to put everything else in to avoid wrapping paper.  The upside is that some of these items might promote a zw lifestyle.  The down side is that it is still buying "stuff."

You could always purchase a gift certificate for a meal, a service or an experience like a couples massage, a date night dinner and movie tickets.  if you know where they are going on a honeymoon you could go online to purchase a zip lining expedition, surfing lessons, or some other activity or a spa package at their hotel or a meal at a local restaurant.

Catherine Catherine

Re: Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

Trish, thank you! Those are all great ideas. And thank you for the encouragement. I have never given a vintage wedding gift before, since I've only bought from registries. I just needed a little push! They love to give outdoor cocktail parties, so I think I will go for the vintage ice bucket. Thank you again!
katyperry katyperry

Re: Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

Any idea where can i find the best wedding planner Singapore. Planning to get marry in December 2015.
Katy, Business Analyst Touch and Convert - TNC your conversion is our priority
Erick23 Erick23

Re: Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

Instead of this gift you can give them a wedding favor too. You might reserve a local event space nyc for their wedding party or there are some other options like planning their wedding, helping them in decoration part.
randolf26 randolf26

Re: Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

Well 2014 to now the wedding must have happened already.

In case you still have contact with them and still need to surprise them you could go the astrology road.
It is free and can be done on-line. You don't need to believe in it although many people still do.
One of the best sites I came across is astrosofa.com who caters for those wanting to predict their lives.

Re: Zero Waste Wedding Gift Ideas?

Well, hopefully the happy couple is still together.  I would give out a gift card to a restaurant or event. I really wish people would specify "no gifts" though. Nobody needs more crap and half the shit probably gets returned for cash or something the people actually wanted.  The only time you see "no gifts" is when it's older people getting married, like 50s and 60s. Because at that age, you don't need anything.