Zero Waste Travellers

Paula Paula

Zero Waste Travellers

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are travelling around Central and South America. We want to embrace fully the Zero Waste lifestyle but we are finding it very hard as we are moving every month or every two months. We never get to fully settle anywhere.
For instance, we can't buy glass jars as they are too big and heavy to carry around.
Going to a different market or supermarket in a different city every month doesn't give us enough time to get to know where's best to buy what. And sometimes we can't even find places where they sell bulk food.
Most things are packaged here and even refusing to use plastic bags in the supermarket it's a hassle (we bring our own bag at least, that's for sure).

So what do you think? Is this doable? How can we make this work without the confort of a 'home'?

Love,

Paula & Tom