Zero Waste = Boycotting?

Does this WOL (way of living) pretty much give the same effect of boycotting the major consumer products/chemical companies without openly naming names?

Are folks feeling a bit of relief (I know I do) by making own cleaners, buying generic bulk drygoods, unwrapped produce, etc.? I wonder if any organizations can find or track over time the impact zero wasters are making to the main characters usually targeted for boycotts. Seems like something an econ student would enjoy researching...

I can't believe I am the only one wondering this, but didn't see any similar query here. Sorry if this turns out to be redundant!