ZW Peanut butter

Englander Englander

ZW Peanut butter

More and more peanut butter manufacturers are using plastic jars. These are not collected for recycling (UK). Glass jars are recycled, but single use jars consume lots of resources to produce and recycle. So I guess I'll just have to make my own.

Lightly roast 450g/1 pound bulk peanuts 150°c for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Blend like crazy in a food processor with some sugar and salt to taste. It will turn from whole nuts, to 'wet sand' then to lovely peanut butter. You can add a spoon of oil to help the mixture if required. Decant into sterile jars.

The texture is different from commercial product. Mine is more oily like tahini, and the flavour is stronger. It's very cheap to do, and for a pound of nuts you get a pound of spread.
Tara Tara

Re: ZW Peanut butter

I buy freshly ground peanut butter at Whole Foods. It is ground right in front of me and goes straight into my glass jar. At my local Whole Foods they have plain PB, honey roasted PB, and almond butter available. Great ZW option.