Good design increases the visual enjoyment of the winter landscape. Evergreens and conifer trees enhance the beauty of winter landscape. Christmas holly shrubs, Bayberry, Winter-berry holly, and Canadian hemlocks are just a few plants that bloom in winter. If you are planning the winter landscape don't forget to add at least one tall perennial grass.
In certain regions where it snows, winter can wreak havoc on lawns. So to protect your plants just take a few preventive measure.
1. Rake leaves and remove the debris
2. Cut the grass shorter
3. Apply mulch to provide an extra protection for winter
4. Add anti-transparents to plants and trees in order to help reduce water loss from plant leaves
5. Make the outdoors look stunning with a good pool and landscape design 6. Minimize the salt damage
7. Remove limbs that may break from snow or ice