Why would I want to live like this?

Steve Steve

Why would I want to live like this?

I Truro recycle as much as I can but I'm not selling everything I own to produce less waste. Not to mention, what happens to the economy when everyone lives like you?
Anonymous Anonymous

Re: Why would I want to live like this?

What happens to the earth when everyone lives like you? The economy is not going to matter when we no longer have an earth to support life.
annonymous annonymous

Re: Why would I want to live like this?

The economy will survive, consumers and businesses will become more honest. This type of change is a good thing. Less clutter = more productivity.

Re: Why would I want to live like this?

What would happen to the economy if we all lived like the Johnson's?   Kanteen , dr. Bronner's, and and Le Parfait would be doing very well!  :D.   Small-time Farmers and ranchers  would actually be able to make a good living, bulk markets would be successful.  Second-hand shops, shoe repair shops, tailors, bicycle repair shops etc. would do well.  It sounds great to me!  Lots of mom and pop type shops making a good living!
dY00Yb dY00Yb

Re: Why would I want to live like this?

The economy is not a real problem. The essence of the economy is to a situation to take advantage.

If there is no more advantages in the market A, busineesman leave this market for market B. Market A disappear or balance itself. Economy does not fear challenges, it feeds challenges.

So the problem is not economic.

The real problem is our way of life, our relationship with time, the scope of our vision, our relationship with the resources regeneration time. And reduce waste is a credible answer, also good for our health and that of our children.
At Home At Home

Re: Why would I want to live like this?

I think you may be missing a small part of the point. The glass jar companies and everything else would hopefully not be needed as much. Use what you have already and you will not continue to purchase from those companies.

With your purchase/ vote you would create the demand for what you want. Do you want to vote for more environmental ice cream places, or public transit (that would also employ more people), or locally sourced food (that pays for local butchers, local bakeries and more). We would need more people who fix bikes, or find ways to make new clothes from the old used ones, or cobblers, or seamstresses. You would also have more time to do other outings, rock-climbing, cooking classes, symphony, opera, boating, theme parks- and these activities create jobs.

The economy would still be in place, we would still purchase/ sell items and goods. The difference  is what is being produced. I would argue that these changed have happened to the economy throughout our history. For example we had a milk man and all sorts of things. But now we do not tend to see a milk man delivering milk to our door. Things changed and we are still buying and selling goods.
Stephanie Stephanie

Re: Why would I want to live like this?

Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2KLyYKJGk0 to see how the economists changed us to this society. Before then we were living as zero waste plans now and I'm pretty sure the country's economy was fine (not counting the wall street crash).