What to drink?

12
Shauna CK Shauna CK

Re: What to drink?

Hello!
Can you tell me more about this carbonation recipe? I looked up the one you mentioned on the food network, but I'm trying to figure out what you mean about carbonating with yeast, or however I can, zero waste ? Thank you!!!
Cecilia Cecilia

Re: What to drink?

For my absolute favorite zero waste drink you take thin slices of ginger and squeeze
some lemon and pour boiling water over it and let it infuse for  10 minutes. You cold do the same with cold water, it just takes more time. Add some honey if you prefer it sweet. It's so refreshing!

Re: What to drink?

Variety is for the mind, not the body.

You might want to consider switching to the mindset of getting most of your water from your food. A plant based diet is very high in water content, a potato is something like 80% water. Many fruits and veggies are even higher than that in H2O content.  A lot of people find when they adopt a plant based diet that they need to drink less because their food has such a high water content.

Stop using sodium in your food, don't add it to food, and cook without it, since it will increase your thirst and cause you to retain water.

I avoid juice because of the sugar content, I prefer to eat the whole fruit and get the fiber and nutrient package on board with the water contained in the fruit. Juices are concentrated in calories!   I keep coffee and caffeinated tea around for friends but don't use caffeine myself.  I do like peppermint herbal tea and buy it in bulk.

I don't know what's in "vitamin water" but keep in mind that the sweet flavor of commercial drinks is addictive, it lights up many people so  they continue to crave sweet things, whether liquid or solid food.  This might be one reason people are "bored" with water. If you  wean yourself off sugar and sugar containing products, including artificial sweeteners, you'll find in time that water is all you'll really want.  Give it time, your body will have a weaning off period, but eventually water should be "enough."

I'm whole food plant based so most of my water comes from my food.
kingalucpanel kingalucpanel

Re: What to drink?

I am now drinking aloe drink, I feel great, or you can try

more:http://www.houssydrink.com/new/323.html
Kelsgaud Kelsgaud

Re: What to drink?

I live in the desert and the tap water here is too hard to drink. I.e. you can get kindney stones after drinking it for a few months. Can anyone recommend a water purifer or water filter sytem they like that is also zero waste?
12