What to do with cloth pads when you don't wear them?

Rachael B Rachael B

What to do with cloth pads when you don't wear them?

Hi, so I've been making the switch to cloth pads and pantyliners instead of disposables but since there are SO many brands around (and I don't have the sewing skills to make my own) I bought quite a few from different brands to try out. But now I have a collection that I won't use and I don't want to have a lot of unnecessary pads around. Does anyone have suggestions of what I could do with the ones I won't be using? They aren't stained and only used once or twice, but some of the materials won't be compostable/biodegradable. I appreciate any suggestions.

Re: What to do with cloth pads when you don't wear them?

Will you be having a baby any time soon?  They could be cloth diaper doublers.

Maybe use them as cleaning rags?

Put them in a textile recycling bin?

Alina Alina

Re: What to do with cloth pads when you don't wear them?

Are they iron-able? Ironing is THE way to sterilize textiles.
If they are, list them for free. Someone else will use them for the intended purpose. Mention they can be ironed and thus sterilized.
Leigh Leigh

Re: What to do with cloth pads when you don't wear them?

As someone else mentioned, use them for cleaning. I have used larger sizes to mop my floor!
Hannah Ransom Hannah Ransom

Re: What to do with cloth pads when you don't wear them?

Hot pad holders?

I also second giving them away. Someone will take them!