What does your pantry look like?

Julie Julie

What does your pantry look like?

Julie's "Before" Pantry Pic

I was taking out the trash yesterday, like I always do. Up until now I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but now, of course, I'm focused on it. I even weighed it so I'd have something to measure against. For those that care, I had 7lb of landfill garbage and 11lbs of recycling.

So I got to thinking that maybe it would be entertaining to take some "before" shots. Just to look back on. Here's a picture of my pantry right now. As you can see everything is packaged. Notice the paper towels on the floor and the Kleenex scattered about. What a mess!

Well, we all have to start somewhere. ;) Anyone else want to share their "before" pictures? The good, the bad, and the ugly. ;)
Mau Mau

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Good idea! I wish I had thought of that, but now I am half-converted, with a bunch of jars and a few plastic bottles/boxes remaining, so it wouldn't have quite the same effect...

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Great plan!

Alas, I did not take a "before" picture, but here is my "after" photo. I know that ZW purists will not like the plastic containers, but I know how clumsy I am.... For those who prefer plastic, though, they are SISTEMA brand, available from Macy's (Martha Stewart line with mint green gaskets & clips) or from the Container Store (Klip-It with blue gaskets & clips).

Pantry After

For those of you who love the flip-top glass jars in Bea's kitchen, I just returned from IKEA where they are selling various sizes for about half the price of the Le Parfait jars elsewhere. If I was going to reorganize my pantry again, I would go to IKEA for containers -- it would have saved me half a fortune, and they have a nice variety of glass container options.

Jenny Jenny

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Wrennard-
  I had a startle for a moment- your pantry cabinet is the same as mine and is located in such a similiar manner in my kitchen that and filled in such a similiar way... well it' s kindof freaky!  I will have to dig up my camera and put a picture on here!

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Please do! I'd love to see other people's pictures! :)
Jenny Jenny

Re: What does your pantry look like?

OK- I have been trying to upload or paste a picture on here but can't figure it out ????  Pls help me!  How do I do this?

Re: What does your pantry look like?

There is an "insert image" button in the toolbar above the message box -- is that not working?
Jenny Jenny

Re: What does your pantry look like?

nope.  I have nothing above the message box.  No toolbar- just the subject line.  ????
Jenny Jenny

Re: What does your pantry look like?

OK- problem solved.  I wasn't registered on this forum.  Should have figured that out.
so my pantry...

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Those are eerily alike, Ladies!!!

Both look awesomely organized and lovely!

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Beautiful! (Yeah, it really does make you do a double-take and start comparing around the edges!) Thanks for persisting despite technical difficulties ;)

I suspect I will eventually follow suit and convert to glass, but I have to get my money's worth out of those plastic boxes first. :)
Julie Julie

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Hahaha, so funny that the pantries are exactly alike. I'm jealous that the two of you are so far ahead of me. Although I have made some progress in the past couple of months, my pantry is still a mess. Still lots of packaging. I'm going to post an updated pic anyway. At least there is progress and once I have completely converted to glass, it will make this journey feel even more rewarding.

Re: What does your pantry look like?

Having previously mentioned my clumsiness, I will update everyone to say that I finally did drop a full, unopened half gallon of milk (glass) on my tile floor. My concern had always been that the floor tiles would crack (they didn't), but you would not believe how many millions of tiny shards the pitcher shattered into. Imagine wiping up very wet liquid full of tiny shards. Took about an hour to clean up, and I am still finding glass pieces around the house.