The Wabi Sabi philosophy on "stuff" and the beauty of Patina

The Wabi Sabi philosophy on "stuff" and the beauty of Patina

This post was updated on .
All -- I found this article, posted elsewhere in another forum, remarkably interesting in its relevance for zero waste... I have long subscribed to the arts-and-crafts philosophy that everything useful should be beautiful; this is another angle on the same idea, in that it sees everything useful as inherently beautiful (and more beautiful over time), and therefore worthy of enduring quality rather than disposability.

http://www.loveandutility.com/wabi-sabi-storytelling-through-objects/

Ooh, ooh! And another article on the beauty of patina on well loved objects, thanks to a commenter on another blog...

http://berglondon.com/blog/2010/09/03/patina/

Re: The Wabi Sabi philosophy on "stuff" and the beauty of Patina

Thanks for this link, Wrennerd! The concept of wabi sabi is something I heard about growing up but never fully appreciated. Great tie-in to zero waste.