TP

Jazz Jazz

TP

Scott Naturals = no cardboard tube, in case no one has said it before.   Thanks!
MTNgirl MTNgirl

Re: TP

I have not bought it, but it appears that the product is only 40% recycled, still comes wrapped in plastic (only 20% of it comes from recycled materials), and is bleached with chlorine to make it white.

There are 100% recycled products out there.  Not to mention cloth!

Re: TP

Have you been able to find this product in individual rolls, wrapped in paper and not encased in plastic? I like the "no cardboard tube" concept but have not purchased it because of the plastic wrapping. At least a cardboard tube can be recycled easily. The plastic wrap goes directly into the trash:(
MTNgirl MTNgirl

Re: TP

I love the idea of toilet paper coming without the cardboard center.  There is a public bathroom I used to go to while at work that used giant rolls of that kind of toilet paper.  I hoarded a few of the ends the janitor left out to tuck into my backpack the next time we go to Italy.  We were perpetually without toilet paper in that country!  We found ourselves scrounging where-ever we went because the next bathroom probably won't have any!  Now if they would just make a 100% recycled toilet paper without the cardboard center that comes in a roll that isn't 12 inches across-even though that would last Forever.....

Re: TP

How funny! I've experienced similar TP shortages during trips to Italy. Smart to pack your own:)

? Alternative to TP = Bidet

Well, this is stepping out there a bit, but Brondell makes bidets which replace your toilet seat. Lots of caveats, not the least being the cost, but it's a possibility.
Inga Inga

Re: TP

So on the topic of TP ... What is a TP that doesn't come wrapped in plastic? I had looked into Seventh Generation, but every type I found had plastic wrapping. Any suggestions?
Maya Maya

Re: TP

Cloth works. We have been using cloth flannel wipes for pee (5 females) in our house for quite some time now. So much softer and zero waste. Great alternative!!
Steph in Berkeley (mywastelesslife) Steph in Berkeley (mywastelesslife)

Re: TP

Perhaps you could say more about the logistics of this idea...what do you do with them after they're used...rinse/dry, wash, etc...do you carry them with you, place used ones in a baggy, etc?
Aimee Aimee

Re: TP

Marcal Small Steps comes individually wrapped in paper if you order a large carton of 40-48 on Amazon. I haven't yet found a place to buy that many in person; it only comes in the usual 4 to 12-roll plastic-wrapped bundles at my grocery store.
http://www.marcalsmallsteps.com/products/bath-tissue
lecaroj lecaroj

Re: TP

Cloth instead of toilet paper? Double Ugh!