Super Hero Birthday Party

JLBNewton JLBNewton

Super Hero Birthday Party

My son will be 7 on his next birthday and I'm trying to figure out how to have a ZW brithday party that involves a Super Hero theme. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I'm trying to figure out what kind of entertainment I could offer that doesn't involve buying lots of stuff !!
Lisa Lisa

Re: Super Hero Birthday Party

I've been thinking about zero waste birthday parties myself lately. My twins turned 4 in January and we did a Mickey Mouse Club House theme. I wasn't in zero waste mode at the time and of course now that I look back I'm horrified. That said, we had moved about a year before and I had kept a bunch of moving boxes (so we could reuse them if we needed to)... and I turned those boxes into various kinds of decorations. I also made a birthday banner out of paper I already had on hand that I can use year after year...I just have to change the number on the banner. As far as super hero activities....maybe some contests...relay races, some kind of ball toss contest....that way you can use items you might already have. I've also been trying to come up with eco friendly party favors....I'm thinking maybe plant/flower seeds or reusable cups that the kids can take home with them. I think Target has some cute water bottles with spider man on them that the kids could use at the party and then take home as a favor and then continue to use after that...Good luck!!!!
Roberta Roberta

Re: Super Hero Birthday Party

A superhero party can be great ZW!  Superheros run, jump, leap, fly.  Set up a number of challenges that do that -- run through an obstacle course, crawl through tunnels, knock over a "brick wall" made of cardboard boxes from the supermarket (and later these can be recycled or used for donations to declutter).  Climb over straw bales from the feed store, and use the bales afterward for garden compost, if the store won't take them back -- some do. I have a ton of face paint left over from Halloween(?) that I would use for creating a "secret identity." If you are scarce on face paint, make masks for the kids to wear, using scrap fabric or old t-shirts.  There are lots of direstions out there for capes as well, which would finish off party favors, if you are so inclined.  (I made a cape for my nephew this year, super easy and out of recycled fabric. I saw somewhere that someone hung up a blue sheet (with fake clouds?) for kids to pose in front of, and that was sent as the thank you note.  As for food, I always go with my kid's favorites, not "theme food", so that's pretty ZW.  For the cake, wash some superhero toys he already has, and pose them on and around the cake.