Storing Music Online

Alexa Alexa

Storing Music Online

I'm trying to declutter, and one of the things I've done is gotten rid of physical cds. I've saved everything to my computer and ipod. But if my computer crashes, there goes all my music! I tried google music, but it isn't compatible with my operating system. So suggestions.

No, I do NOT want an external hard drive. The point is to have less stuff. I want a website like picasa, flickr, photobucket where I can store pictures, and access them from anywhere in the world, but for music.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Alexa
Alexa Alexa

Re: Storing Music Online

Ooh, I found the answer, http://mp3.about.com/od/musiclibrarymaintenance/tp/free_streaming_music_storage.htm

I'm using Amazon Cloud,  iTunes (already have because of ipod) and am going to pick one other from this list. I always try to back-up things in at least two places (three is better). That way if a system crashes or becomes obsolete, I still have it save somewhere else.

Re: Storing Music Online

NIce. I *think* Apple's iCloud is/will be doing something similar. Very disappointed they're discontinuing iDisk, though.
Divya Divya

Re: Storing Music Online

I am wondering, what did you do with your old CDs? Any way to keep them out of the landfill? I have a bunch, and I'm reluctant to throw them away.

Re: Storing Music Online/old CDs

Donate (e.g., the library), Freecycle, maybe your local Best Buy will accept for recycling, or send to The CD Recycling Center of America. Could also just plug "recycle CDs" into Google for suggestions.
At Home At Home

Re: Storing Music Online

You can also donate the CD's to the library. That way they are available to more people and you can revisit them if you want. I also found that online music sites like Pandora and Spofity are great. You can pay a small fee to eliminate ads. It also has all the songs you love, but at the same time it can introduce you to things you never heard before but match they type of music you love.