Sticky entry doors

Lloyd Lloyd

Sticky entry doors

Hi friends,
Need your help on how to fix the sticking exterior wooden door and windows in the winter. I have heard that the seasonal changes in temperature and humidity cause wooden doors and window frames to expand and contract. Should I go for the repair of the windows and doors or installation of energy efficient replacement windows? What do you think is the best option? Are there any ways to prevent the expansion of wooden doors and window frames in winter? Can painting the windows and doors help? When the windows and door frames expand, it is very difficult to close them.