Spray Bottles

AMY AMY

Spray Bottles

I've been cleaning with vinegar in a plastic spray bottle for years.  But I've been having rotten luck with the bottles recently.  I keep winding up with crappy, non-functioning bottles.  I know that the way they work is mostly about the sprayer mechanism, but I am at a point where I am ready to spend more and/or order them online to get some decent spray bottles, and possibly non-plastic ones.  But I am having trouble finding any -- even online!  Anyone out there have some suggestions?

Re: Spray Bottles

I had the same problem. So far my Rubbermaid 32 oz sprayer is holding up well, so I have high hopes for it.... I use it with a homemade weed killer, and it holds up well with repeated spraying without getting stuck -- I filled it and sprayed it all out three times in a row without any problems. I bought it at either Home Depot or a garden center -- can't remember...
NatalieInCA NatalieInCA

Re: Spray Bottles

Did you change what's in the bottles? It seems strange that they all break at the same time. I had one that got clogged because of baking soda build up, that was an easy fix.
Please let me know if you find something that is not plastic. I currently use the sprays screwed on glass bottles (like apple cider vinegar), but I am looking to completely eliminate plastic.
Cameron Cameron

Re: Spray Bottles

I have this one and I think this is the one that Bea uses as well (what I can tell from photos),

http://www.amazon.com/Greens-Mister-Size-17-oz/dp/B000BEQUFE/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1

Search on-line.  I'm sure you can find it for cheaper.

It works well.  The spray mechanism is plastic.  It comes in 10 and 17 ounce.

Re: Spray Bottles

FWIW, as an alternative to a spray bottle, I've been using this "oil and vinegar dispenser" for my vinegar with great success. I had found the vinegar was chewing up the mechanism in my spray bottle, plus with this I have a little better control over targeting cleaning areas.
Constance Constance

Re: Spray Bottles

I found aluminum spray bottles at walmart for $7.97 (Canadian, so probably less in America) similar to the ones in the amazon link, they are a bit smaller.