Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion container

Maude Maude

Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion container

Hi everyone,
I usually buy my shampoo/conditioner/body lotion in bulk and store it in plastic containers.
Any suggestions of a non-plastic container?
I do have glass bottles but they're not very handy in the shower... As for stainless steel water bottles, they deliver too much product when I turn them upside down...
I'd love to find a stainless steel or glass bottle with a pump!
Anyone?
Thanks!
Maude
Erin Erin

Re: Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion container

We have soap dispensers from Ikea. Glass and metal. We use Dr. Bronner's in them, and it's worked well. Occasionally the pump gets clogged, but a little hot water does the trick. I bet you could find some dispensers for lotion/shampoo/conditioner through IKEA. The soap dispensers will probably work. What do you use for conditioner? Im trying to find bulk.
Faul26 Faul26

Re: Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion container

Thanks for all your recommendations dear but this time I want to use revivogen hair spray as I had excessive hair loss in past few months. Hope it will work for me.

Re: Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion container

If you're crafty, there are pump modifications you can make to a regular mason jar lid so you can use one of those pint or quart size in bath area. Completed projects I saw with colored mason jars (lavender, green, blue, pink) ran about $15. Just google mason jar soap pump and that should get you started. One mod requires using a preexisting plastic soap pump container with a metal lid you cut yourself (with power drill) so some tools are needed to complete, but you do get to reuse and utilize a glass jar. Hope this helps!

Re: Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion container

An update: My DD came home from Lush with a Lotion bar that came with a tin...so, lotion and container solution in one. She hasn't reported back to me on how well she likes using it, but it is a clever idea. No plastic, no paper, and no PUMP!

Re: Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion container

I found something that I will try: glass bottles with flip tops.
Target has the 12 oz with ceramic stopper wired on, but I already own several maple syrup bottles with plastic flip tops as well as Good Seasons salad dressing cruets, so am going in that direction. We have a wire rack in shower to store them and we're fairly careful so not too worried about the glass in tub. Ours is made of fiberglass, if it were ceramic, castiron or stone tile, I would probably opt for wire basket on floor to reduce opportunities for breakage.