Service: wine, champagne, martini glasses....

Fannie Fannie

Service: wine, champagne, martini glasses....

Hello! I'm decluttering and I must admit I have a lot of glasses: 10 champagne flutes, 2 cognac glasses, 5 margarita glasses and 4 martini glasses. I also have 5 wine glasses, 3 beer glasses and the every day glasses for kids..

I noticed in one of your presentation that you had wine glasses and every day glasses: would you recommend to only keep 2 sorts?
My issue is for champagne, we don't drink every day :-) but it is so much nicer and tastier in a flute!

Any advice, suggestion are welcome! Merci
Catherine Catherine

Re: Service: wine, champagne, martini glasses....

We had the same issue. Lots and lots of glasses, most of which we rarely used!

Of course, this is for you to decide, but we ended up donating all the specialty glasses (margarita, martini, cognac, etc.) and only kept wine, champagne and drinking glasses for water, juice, cocktails, beer, etc. So, three types altogether. As the champagne glasses inevitably break we will stop replacing them and just use wine glasses. We prefer stemless because they can go in the dishwasher.
Fannie Fannie

Re: Service: wine, champagne, martini glasses....

Merci Catherine

My next move will be my excuse to get rid of the speciality glasses :-)
I mean, even in Cuba you drink your cocktail in a simple water glass!

Stemless is a great idea !

I even thought about stainless for the kids, a set each (plate, mug, bowl), like they have in India - never breaks, easy to clean

Re: Service: wine, champagne, martini glasses....

I think lots of glasses are nice to have for entertaining.  Prevents the purchase of disposables.