Rubbing Alcohol in glass bottles?

MyWasteLessLife (Steph) MyWasteLessLife (Steph)

Rubbing Alcohol in glass bottles?

Has anyone found a solution to the fact that rubbing alcohol comes in plastic bottles?
Is it easy to make your own, or do you know of a site where you can find alcohol in glass or metal bottles?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Stephanie (see more of me at My Wasteless LIfe blogspot)
Stephanie mywastelesslife.blogspot.com eithereality.blogspot.com

Re: Rubbing Alcohol in glass bottles?

I just don't use it very often, so I haven't given it much thought. We have one plastic bottle that is 3/4 full, I think, and we've had it for years....

What do you use it for? Maybe there are substitutes that are more conducive to the "wasteless" lifestyle?
Julie Julie

Re: Rubbing Alcohol in glass bottles?

Depending on what you are using it for, you might consider buying grain alcohol at the liquor store. I'm pretty sure they come in glass bottles, don't they? Well, grain alcohol, which is ethanol, used to come in a glass bottle. That is what we used in creams and ointments back when I worked in retail pharmacy. I think we used the Golden Grain brand. Anyway you could probably substitute ethanol for isopropyl alcohol for most uses...

Re: Rubbing Alcohol in glass bottles?

Great idea, Julie! Reminds me of the backpacking stories I've heard where they used vodka to disinfect a wound, and probably to drink away the pain;)