Residence by watershed

It has been a philosophical morning...

Read the following sentence in Maps of the Imagination by Peter Turchi:

"[O]ne of my colleagues ... encourage[s] local children to think of themselves as living not in ... North Carolina, but in the French Broad River watershed."

And immediately tried to change my Facebook hometown to Chesapeake Bay Watershed. Which apparently is not an approved location.

So from the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to those of you in the San Francisco Bay Watershed(?), thought I'd pass along the idea, even though it clearly clashes with established societal conventions. Which isn't unfamiliar to any of us on this forum...