Require The Sender To Have An Opt Out Option

Kyle Albinus Kyle Albinus

Require The Sender To Have An Opt Out Option

Like everyone else I am tired of catalogs, flyers and all the other junk mail in my mailbox. Trying a different approach I started a White House petition requiring by law, an opt out option on all addressed junk mail. If it has your name on it and not "Our friend" or something similar, the sender has to provide an opt out resource on the junk mail piece itself.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/opt-out-junk-mail

Re: Require The Sender To Have An Opt Out Option

Unfortunately, the demands of the corporate paper and business lobbies that profit off junk mail will take precedence over any desires the public wants. I'm not sure how effective the bourgeois capitalist government will be on this.

The only way I was able to stop this problem was to email and fax the offending companies and ask to be deleted from their lists. It was time consuming at first but finally I got it under control. Then I stopped buying stuff, which also solves the problem. :)