Replacing Canning Jar Clamps (Metal Parts)

StephInIndy StephInIndy

Replacing Canning Jar Clamps (Metal Parts)

Does anyone know if/how/where/whether one can replace just the metal parts (like the clamp piece) of the canning jars for the Fido (bormioli rocco) jars, specifically?  --I'd also be curious about Le Parfair and other brands, but I mainly have the Fido brand jars.

I always assumed I could replace them, but now that I'm trying am not finding any parts except for the rubber gaskets.

Thanks..

Re: Replacing Canning Jar Clamps (Metal Parts)

If you're still wondering: Yes they can be replaced. Google "Fido replacement bale wire latch"and you'll get some options. Not sure about Le Parfait jars.