Replacement for plastic wrap?

Roberta Roberta

Replacement for plastic wrap?

I have an old tube of plastic cling wrap in my cupboard that rarely gets used -- but I will need it this weekend.  I need to pre-make sushi for a party, and I cannot think of another way to keep it woist and fresh.

I will not be buying any more plastic wrap when this tube goes, but what do you use instead to keep the moisture inside big things?
CMD CMD

Re: Replacement for plastic wrap?

Someone just posted a link something that might work as an alternative:

http://abeego.ca/

It's a moldable product with beeswax. Interesting stuff.
Roberta Roberta

Re: Replacement for plastic wrap?

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'm interested in others' thoughts as well -- but I may be purchasing this when the plastic wrap runs out.

Re: Replacement for plastic wrap?

Did you figure out an alternative?
If airtight is important, could go with SS bowls that have a lid with gasket and clamps. Not airtight, but moist, bowl cozies work as do the beeswax covers.
mmm mmm

Re: Replacement for plastic wrap?

a clean, wet dish towel (most of the water wrung out)

Re: Replacement for plastic wrap?

Elegantly simple!
Jenny Jenny

Re: Replacement for plastic wrap?

Yes Yes Yes!!!  I use damp flour sack towels too and they work great!  ...I did just post why I loved flour sack towels ;)
Roberta Roberta

Re: Replacement for plastic wrap?

Thank you, everyone, for your ideas.  I'll be using the flour sack towel next time I'm in this pickle.