Registered Voter Junk Mail

Mary Handy Mary Handy

Registered Voter Junk Mail

I'm in the US. Does anyone have experience unsubscribing from junk mail related to voter registration. I'm getting ads for every Republican candidate in the mail and it's annoying!

Re: Registered Voter Junk Mail

You need to somehow unregister or re-register to vote using "decline to state" or "no affiliated party" or whatever. Or just write in an obscure party or maybe independent?  I rarely vote (last time was to vote against Prop H8), but I'm registered with one of the revolutionary communist parties and I get only a handful of  political flyers, but I'm on my party's email list because I do direct action.

I'm always surprised when ZW people turn out to be capitalists. If there were two completely opposite poles of thought and action, that would be supporting capitalism and being ZW. The cognitive dissonance alone sounds  head-exploding.

"Nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them."  -- Assata Shakur
Betsy Betsy

Re: Registered Voter Junk Mail

Election mail is one of the few things I've never managed to get off of. Even candidates I might like to support (or their sponsors) send plastic-coated, non-recyclable broadsides, with little to no useful information in them.

I used to have a roommate who registered green. Perhaps because they actually are green, perhaps because they are low-budget, he got one photocopied newsletter per election, and it was (gasp!) actually useful information.

Trouble is, at least in California, the party you're registered with limits which primary votes you get to take part in.

I've been tempted to send back, "I might have voted for you, if you could have been bothered to learn about recycling rules or asked if I wanted this rubbish."
skelly23 skelly23

Re: Registered Voter Junk Mail

I would follow your last suggestion! If you send them back and they see that their money is losing them votes, they might think twice about sending the non-recyclable broadsides! Thx

Election mail is one of the few things I've never managed to get off of. Even candidates I might like to support (or their sponsors) send plastic-coated, non-recyclable broadsides, with little to no useful information in them.

I used to have a roommate who registered green. Perhaps because they actually are green, perhaps because they are low-budget, he got one photocopied newsletter per election, and it was (gasp!) actually useful information.

Trouble is, at least in California, the party you're registered with limits which primary votes you get to take part in.

I've been tempted to send back, "I might have voted for you, if you could have been bothered to learn about recycling rules or asked if I wanted this rubbish."

http://x.994912.n3.nabble.com/Registered-Voter-Junk-Mail-tp4026830p4026941.html
x.994912.n3.nabble.com
Registered Voter Junk Mail. I'm in the US. Does anyone have experience unsubscribing from junk mail related to voter registration. I'm getting ads for every Republican candidate in the mail and it's...

To start a new topic under Office (incl. junk mail), email ml-node+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ., click here.
NAML
blancmama1 blancmama1

Re: Registered Voter Junk Mail

Can we start a general opt-out campaign to send to each party? Something you can easily check when registering? Check this box for email only, check this one for opting out of registered mail, etc.?

Thoughts?

On Jul 22, 2016 11:34 PM, "Betsy [via .]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Election mail is one of the few things I've never managed to get off of. Even candidates I might like to support (or their sponsors) send plastic-coated, non-recyclable broadsides, with little to no useful information in them.

I used to have a roommate who registered green. Perhaps because they actually are green, perhaps because they are low-budget, he got one photocopied newsletter per election, and it was (gasp!) actually useful information.

Trouble is, at least in California, the party you're registered with limits which primary votes you get to take part in.

I've been tempted to send back, "I might have voted for you, if you could have been bothered to learn about recycling rules or asked if I wanted this rubbish."

http://x.994912.n3.nabble.com/Registered-Voter-Junk-Mail-tp4026830p4026941.html
To start a new topic under Office (incl. junk mail), email [hidden email]