Refillable grill lighter

kiyomi kiyomi

Refillable grill lighter

Does anyone use one of these? We've always used Bic's disposable but looking for a non-disposable alternative. I see many 'refillable' ones marketed on the Internet, but with no explanation as to how to refill.

If anyone has any experience with refillable grill lighters, I'd appreciate any info on this. Also, if you don't use a lighter, could you suggest what you use?

Re: Refillable grill lighter

I guess a match or a magnesium lighter would be the ZW alternative.

Re: Refillable grill lighter

We have something similar, uses butane. We only use when a gas burner doesn't light properly.
Old school grill (I'm thinking Weber style) starter: use a "chimney" made from coffee can open at both ends, with holes around the bottom (old style "tin"/can opener works); set in middle of grill on top of some charcoal; fill maybe 2/3 with charcoal, add some paper or kindling, light with match. Once good and smoldering, lift can off WITH tongs. If you've been patient, you should have good smolder/burn going. Probably a youtube video out there.
kiyomi kiyomi

Re: Refillable grill lighter

Thank you both for your reply.
I guess we really don't need a grill lighter. I will think about getting some matches. Is that what everybody uses? We have always had Bic gas lighter and I didn't even consider that we might be able to live without. Ha!