Reducing time spent in the office at home

Janette Janette

Reducing time spent in the office at home

This post was updated on .
Hi everyone,

In Bea's book, she talks about how having less waste leads to more time doing fun things like playing with your family. I've come to realize how much I agree with this, and how important it is.

My worst time waster is my personal office. Paying bills, filing papers, dealing with email, dealing with medical stuff, etc. It's becoming such a downer that I dread Sundays because that's the day I inevitably end up being holed up in the office when I'd rather be doing something fun. My husband doesn't help much with this type of thing, and I've accepted that because he's just not good at it (he has ADHD). So it's all me.

So, can you share things that have helped you spend less time in your personal office? What are some things I can do to minimize wasting time in there?

I know getting a scanner and reducing paper filing will help (I have a special savings set aside for a scanner). I"ve also been getting off email mailing lists that I don't care about. What else do you do that helps keep you out of your home office and out spending time with family and friends and enjoying life?

Thanks!
Dee Dee

Re: Reducing time spent in the office at home

Set up all your bills for auto pay from your bank.
Janette Janette

Re: Reducing time spent in the office at home

That's a great idea. It doesn't work for me because we are on a very tight budget and I always have to juggle the bills based on when the due date falls compared to when payday falls and what additional expenses we have during that time frame. Thanks for the thought; I wish I could do that!

On Jun 27, 2013 2:32 PM, "Dee [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Set up all your bills for auto pay from your bank.

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/Reducing-time-spent-in-the-office-at-home-tp4025453p4025461.html
To unsubscribe from Reducing time spent in the office at home, click here.
NAML

Re: Reducing time spent in the office at home

The chapter in Bea's book on the office/paperwork is helpful!
Janette Janette

Re: Reducing time spent in the office at home

I will drop by the library and re-read it!

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/Reducing-time-spent-in-the-office-at-home-tp4025453p4025463.html