Recycling Building Materials

Paula Paula

Recycling Building Materials

Habitat for Humanity accepts building and hardware materials of all kinds as donations. Some are used in the homes of the people it helps. Most are sold in it's thrift store, "Restore."  I have even had them come and pick up clean, used carpet from my home. I removed the carpet so we could change to a hard floor before moving into a new home because I knew from experience that my career of providing child care in my home would quickly ruin that carpet. As I declutter our home, I donate anything related to building or fixing things to them. If the item is big (lumber, etc.) they come and pick it up.