Raccoons messing up the garden!

Anna Margret Anna Margret

Raccoons messing up the garden!

Hello everyone,

I love gardening. Flower gardening is one of the hobbies that just keeps getting better every year.
I have a wonderful garden in front yard. Since I am fond of flowering plants my hubby gift me a few plants for my last birthday. As interior plants provide a cooling effect to the house and improve the air quality, we have a small interior garden too. Last day when we came back home after a birthday party, we were shocked to see our interior garden messed up. I really felt heart-broken. We also saw a raccoon inside the house. Really wondering how it got inside the house. Although there are a lot of wild animals surrounding our house, till that day none of them had entered the house. We are in search of the path through which the raccoon had entered the house. As these creatures are a real nuisance, should get it cleared off from the yard with the help of some humane wildlife control. I would also like to know what are the methods to drive them away. Any insight on this would be great and please give me some genuine replies. Thanks in advance.

Re: Raccoons messing up the garden!

I bought the animal and rodent repelling spikes to keep raccoons off my fence. The raccoons in San Francisco are freaking fearless.  You can get plastic or stainless spikes, I got the plastic ones because the steel ones look like fucking weapons. I'm getting success with them, I actually saw a raccoon climbing the fence and stick his head up and take one look at the spikes, and he turned around and climbed off  the fence.  I also put them on my windowsills in the back to keep the birds from landing and rapping on the glass with their beaks. Those bluejays are real assholes.