Pressure Cooker suggestions?

123

Re: Pressure Cooker suggestions?

I found citric acid in bulk in our local health food store. It was not in the bins but rather with the bulk spices in large glass jars and scoops.

Re: Pressure Cooker suggestions?

Thanks, Karin. I haven't seen citric acid in the bulk spices aisle of my local health food store yet. You wouldn't happen to know the brand that is carried at your store, would you? I'd like to request it at my store, and the name of a supplier would come in handy. Good to know that it can be purchased in bulk. In the meantime, I'll continue to use lemon juice in my canning recipes.

Re: Pressure Cooker suggestions?

I am not positive, but the picture in my head is the "store brand". I happen to know that the supplements of this particular store brand are made by Vitamer, but I am not sure about bulk supplies.

Frontier Organics was the brand at a different store, but I did not see citric acid there.

Nothing definite, sorry, but maybe it'll help somehow?

Re: Pressure Cooker suggestions?

It's alright. Thanks again!

Re: Pressure Cooker suggestions? Tomatoes

Yet another nicely written blog on safely canning tomatoes (Floyd is a *slightly* rural county in Virginia, beautiful and friendly):
http://eatingfloyd.blogspot.com/2011/08/preserving-floyd-canning-tomatoes-and.html
123