Plane Travel

Jaye Jaye

Plane Travel

Since you are following a zero waste lifestyle, do you pay to offset your carbon emissions when traveling by plane?
CuriousOne CuriousOne

Re: Plane Travel

Know this is old, but was wondering this myself. Also, what about the clothes? Leather or vinyl jacket and bags. The photographs? The computer use for this. How do you zero waste that? Also, paying offsets doesn't actually solve anything. It contributes to the problem. People this just paying some amount of money absolves them; kind of like Indulgences...
CuriousOne CuriousOne

Re: Plane Travel

Know this is old, but was wondering this myself. Also, what about the clothes? Leather or vinyl jacket and bags. The photographs? The computer use for this. How do you zero waste that? Also, paying offsets doesn't actually solve anything. It contributes to the problem. People think just paying some amount of money absolves them; kind of like Indulgences...
Regula Regula

Re: Plane Travel

I read about Bea in a Swiss paper and I wondered why someone like Bea is so successful. I mean, zero waste, ok, but what about the emissions? Travelling around in planes, giving x-mas presents such as flights to Belize and diving? I wouldn't consider myself very ecologically conscious but if we compared everything, I would probably be better off even with my waste being quite a few kilos per year...
Clara Clara

Re: Plane Travel

I've thought the same thing myself, but came to a different conclusion. I think that it would be better if those inviting Bea would find local people who are living Zero Waste to talk about it, rather than having her fly in. Although, in her post she mentioned only flying once a year to visit family so maybe there was a misunderstanding. But I still think it's important to be ecologically conscious and to try to minimize your waste whenever possible.
Clara Clara

Re: Plane Travel

Bea also mentioned not using the things wrapped in plastic that the airline gives you, but that doesn't make any difference. Any item (except for blankets and pillows) that is not used will be thrown away. Although refusing plastic wrapped items would be helpful if the flight attendants are engaged in the process.
Catherine S Catherine S

Re: Plane Travel

Or for events to have her video conference in to their events...

Re: Plane Travel

She's essentially a hypocrite. But she won't give up her cushy lifestyle, she's making bank on being ZW.  Or at least convincing people she is.

Re: Plane Travel

Does her family use "recycled" computer shit, for example what about earphones and headsets?  My earphones (that I connect to my phone when I'm running to listen to music) wear out about once every six months. It takes 5 minutes to order a new pair on Amazon. I'm not buying "used" earphones, it would be a health issue as well as a quality issue.  This family never explains the contradictions that are likely inherent in their lifestyle.  But again she's making bank off convincing people they never create garbage or buy anything new.

She's probably like Obomb and Trump, they never take unscripted questions from audiences so they don't have to report the  blatant contradictions in their behaviors.