Photos

Josiane Josiane

Photos

I started decluttering and I have a LOT of pictures and pictures album. I donated the pictures album, but I want to scan the pictures and get rid of them in an eco friendly way. Since the photo paper is not recyclable, I cannot find an idea to do so. Does anybody have already tried this?

Re: Photos

Ask friends and family if they want them?  We have about 98 years of photos that belonged to my great grandmother.  Once I have finished scanning them all, I plan to bring them ( we are talking about 20 shoe boxes full or so) to the next big family dinner and letting everyone sort through them and take what they want.  I will give everyone digital copies as well.

My other thought is to get crafty and make Christmas ornaments with them and to give them to everybody on Christmas eve.

Josiane Josiane

Re: Photos

Thank you Trish for your ideas! I will consider them for the christmas dinner party!
EcoLover EcoLover

Re: Photos

I like the idea of converting some of the photos into Christmas ornaments, so seconding that. I've seen little heart-shaped frames and the like with pics inserted into them as ornaments.

Also, a cute framed collage can serve as a better wall hanging than an art print ever could -- what's most important in life? Encourage family members to do the same with their share that they take, reducing the number they have to store in shoe boxes.