Oils

B Goode B Goode

Oils

Where can you get olive oil and vegetable oils?
Scott Scott

Re: Oils

In the SF bay area you can get olive oil at Whole Foods - or Rainbow in the City.

For cooking / vegetable oils, you need to go to Rainbow.
B Goode B Goode

Re: Oils

I should have clarified, I meant oils that you can put in your own containers.

:)
B Goode B Goode

Re: Oils

I see, you are saying some Whole Foods and some Rainbows have bulk filling stations.
Thanks.
Annie37 Annie37

Re: Oils

Does anyone have a source for bulk ( fill your own container) oil, soy sauce, shampoo etc. in the Boston, Cambridge area of Massachusetts? How about dry pasta? My local WF just carries, nuts, grains, snacks, granola, peanut butter and a few spices but nothing liquid.
Marrena Lindberg Marrena Lindberg

Re: Oils

The new giant Dedham Whole Foods has some bulk liquids--honey, syrup and I believe olive oil.  You can get bulk boutique olive oil like Ariston at specialty shops, but it's much more expensive than regular olive oil, and with a strong olive taste (of course).  I'm shocked that there aren't any shops in Cambridge, of all places!  You can do a state search here:

http://aristonoliveoil.com/

I stocked up on honey at the Dedham Whole Foods with all the bee problems going on, and I'm glad I did.  I usually am very healthy but got a bad cold this winter and found that a cough syrup made with equal parts honey and bourbon worked FAR better than Robitussin to stop my cough, which was one of the worst I've ever had.

I believe the Dedham shop also sells bulk soap and bath salts, but I don't think they do shampoo or conditioner.