Non-Plastic Popsicle Molds (without crazy price-tags)

Henny Henny

Non-Plastic Popsicle Molds (without crazy price-tags)

Hi all :)

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a brilliant solution for a non-plastic popsicle mold? I found one that is stainless steel (but not very available) and costs ~$40 and takes up a lot of freezer space. Nice, but not for us.

But it got me thinking that since steel and glass can go in the freezer, what about just using small glasses (much like the Ikea tea-light glasses) and putting a bamboo popsicle stick in the top, and securing that in place with devious use of a couple of rubber bands, or something? Or even thrifted liquor/shot glasses, if I can find something of roughly the right proportions? I know it won't be traditional popsicle shape, but we can live with that.

Has anyone tried other solutions and found something that works?

Henny