Nominations for Objects that promote the ZW lifestyle

Molly Molly

Nominations for Objects that promote the ZW lifestyle

1.Wooden drying rack ( for those who do not have access to a year round outdoor clothesline)
2. Basket that holds the wash rags & cloths I use instead of paper towels
3. Tea can (caddy) that holds my loose tea. My "tea lady" tares it out whenever I take it in for a new supply of tea.

What would you nominate?
Courtney Courtney

Re: Nominations for Objects that promote the ZW lifestyle

Hi Molly!  A few things you mentioned I use as well as part of my zero waste endeavors (which still have a long way to go).

1. Cloth napkins - I bought 24 off etsy. I got them in a brown color so stains would not show easily. I also requested the size myself (I think I did 10" x 10").  The smaller size makes it a lot easier for friends and family to not be afraid to use them and get them dirty because they aren't "fancy" napkins.

2. Cotton face pads instead of cotton balls.  I saw these on one of Bea's videos and started researching. I got these off etsy too. Before I got them, I had been using an average of 2 cotton balls/day.  So much less waste by using the reusable ones :)

3. Making my own liquid hand soap. I don't have Dr. Brommer's in bluk near me, so I am buying the biggest container of it I can find and using it around the house. I fill our hand soap containers about 1/4 to 1/3 with the soap, then add water the rest of the way to dilute it.

4. Charlie's Soap. I think it does a good job cleaning the clothes and a little goes a long way. Once I finish the container, it will go in the recycling.

I have a dryer rack too. I used it before I discovered ZW, but now use it for almost everything. Bath towels and bed sheets are about the only things that go in my dryer these days.

Re: Nominations for Objects that promote the ZW lifestyle

Here's one I haven't mentioned before: a 2 cup Mix-N-Measure glass It's got every measuring unit you can think of, and the 2 cups works great. For example, fill up 1 cup of one ingredient, add a tablespoon of a second, a teaspoon of a third, etc. all using only the markings on the glass.
Only advice is to hand wash to preserve markings on the outside.
hannahransom hannahransom

Re: Nominations for Objects that promote the ZW lifestyle

Jay, that doesn't happen to be glass, does it? It looks plastic...

Re: Nominations for Objects that promote the ZW lifestyle

Mine is glass; *think* same brand. A reviewer states listed is glass.
Markings will wear off in dishwasher!