New garden in my backyard

JosephVan JosephVan

New garden in my backyard

Hello all,
My daughter is greatly interested in growing vegetation and plants. But our garden soil is not that healthy. Last year I've tried to raise a garden and it was a total failure. The plants died very soon. My wife told me that our garden soil doesn't contain any nutrients. Now I have to do something to fulfill my daughter's wish. I happened to hear that garden soil suppliers Toronto are providing garden soils and mulches for gardening. I was planning to contact them. They are providing different varieties of soils and mulches. So I would like to which one will be the best for my garden to plant vegetation. Hoping to get good suggestions from you all.
Nicki Nicki

Re: New garden in my backyard

Soil quality is often overlooked (particularly by new gardeners). A great option (particular for those looking to reduce their waste) is bokashi composting. Bokashi composting uses microbes to ferment all of your food waste. The fermented food waste can then be dug directly into your garden or compost pile (if you have one) and will be quickly assimilated into your garden soil. Your plants will love the additional nutrients and microbes.

I have been bokashi composting for a couple of years now and my soil (and garden) have never looked so healthy. It is fast (4-6 weeks) and super easy.

Here's a great article to get you started (http://bokashiliving.com/whats-buzz-bokashi-composting/) Bokashi Living also have some good value starter kits.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have :)