Men's Undershirts?

Catherine Catherine

Men's Undershirts?

Hi Zero Wasters,

I'm having trouble finding men's undershirts for my husband. He absolutely has to wear button down shirts to work and needs to wear an undershirt with them for various reasons. It's now time to replace his old ones, which are now grayed, pilled and getting holey. I have not been able to find used undershirts so it's an item I think I have to buy new.

The problem is that all the men's undershirts seem to come in plastic bags, or at very best, a cardboard box with a plastic window. I would suck it up and buy them in a cardboard box, but the PVC bags are just not ok.

My question is, does anyone know of a men's undershirt that comes either unpackaged (best choice) or in cardboard?

Thanks in advance!

Catherine
SublimeT SublimeT

Re: Men's Undershirts?

Hi Catherine

I do not know of a shirt that comes without packaging unless you go to goodwill for resale. It will still come with a tiny plastic color coded tag unfortunately. Perhaps American apparel outlet sales at the downtown LA manufacturing plant may have them. There is also a fantastic resale store in Burbank CA that is called Its a Wrap and they are studio resale so they should have that. Your post doesn't specify where you are so it makes it kind of hard for people to help you on the forum.

I am perplexed that so many people on this site are unable to find items without packaging for whatever they want. Just in general it seems so difficult and I know it seems unfair. However I still don't understand how the manufacturer would track items, distribute items and restock items without a bar code and a sku system. So I would like to know that if anyone responds.

I hope you find your shirts and let me know where to get them. I really like Costco and don't mind commenting on their site that people want this. Their shirts are fantastic but they have the worst excessive plastic packaging.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2015, at 6:58 PM, Catherine [via Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Zero Wasters,

I'm having trouble finding men's undershirts for my husband. He absolutely has to wear button down shirts to work and needs to wear an undershirt with them for various reasons. It's now time to replace his old ones, which are now grayed, pilled and getting holey. I have not been able to find used undershirts so it's an item I think I have to buy new.

The problem is that all the men's undershirts seem to come in plastic bags, or at very best, a cardboard box with a plastic window. I would suck it up and buy them in a cardboard box, but the PVC bags are just not ok.

My question is, does anyone know of a men's undershirt that comes either unpackaged (best choice) or in cardboard?

Thanks in advance!

Catherine

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/Men-s-Undershirts-tp4026488.html
To start a new topic under Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: Men's Undershirts?

I think I may have bought one for my husband with only a tag on it at Kohl's last year
Zoni Macabre Zoni Macabre

Re: Men's Undershirts?

Hi! Sort of a different topic than where to find men's shirts. (which by the way, you might be able to find at Ross?)

But if you HAVE a worn out men's shirts, or even some women's shirts, please email me!
I have a clothing "store" of sorts online where I repurpose shirts into fun new styles that would fit women and men alike. So far, I've had people tell me to go wild with the clothes! They have sent me their clothes to either cut up or paint or whatever they want. Then they get their clothes back to them- fitting more to the modern styles, and with new patterns or slogans. Basically they get their clothes back to them in a more fashionable way to wear them for the next year or so. I also do hemming for cheap! The whole point is to keep reusing your clothes, or find ones from a thrift shop that you could envision putting a fun work of art on it to wear!

IF you have any old clothes, you could message me to get them updated (for a very small fee)! OR You could be a wonderful person and donate some old clothes. They could even be a lil' worn, or have holes, it won't matter to me! Either way, please give me an email so we can talk the details together! I might even offer you money for your old clothes if we could do some awesome art with them. I'm looking forward to helping/ working with you all! -Zoni

here's my email: ladyzonie@aol.com                      and you can look at some stuff I've done in the past for people and myself on pinterest here:   https://www.pinterest.com/zonibologna/things-i-have-made-and-can-make-for-you/
or facebook here:  https://www.facebook.com/Zon1ZefClothing/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Re: Men's Undershirts?

If you sew, you can make him some shirts. T-shirts with sleeves and tanks are an easy thing to throw together. You can buy the cotton jersey you like at a fabric store and walk out without a bag.

thomasbig thomasbig

Re: Men's Undershirts?

You can go to brandcruz, they have nice men`s underwear.