Math question about packaging

Janette Janette

Math question about packaging

Does purchasing a larger quantity of something packaged in plastic--versus smaller quantities that equal the same amount, packaged in smaller plastic bags--really help? Isn't the amount of packaging equal?

I guess this might also be a question a seamstress could answer.

Thanks.
noodlez89 noodlez89

Re: Math question about packaging

It's all about the surface area. One large plastic bag has a lot less surface area than hundreds of tiny ones. Less surface area, less plastic.

I hope that makes sense.
Janette Janette

Re: Math question about packaging

Okay; good! I guess it does help, then! Thanks for the explanation.

Janette

On Apr 11, 2012 10:30 PM, "noodlez89 [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's all about the surface area. One large plastic bag has a lot less surface area than hundreds of tiny ones. Less surface area, less plastic.

I hope that makes sense.

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/Math-question-about-packaging-tp3902356p3904424.html
To unsubscribe from Math question about packaging, click here.
NAML