Market Day Baking at School

Nikki V Nikki V

Market Day Baking at School

Hello Zero Waste community. I am hoping you can help me find some creative and inexpensive solutions to a new challenge I am facing. My daughter's school runs a market every week, and I have signed up to offer baked goods. The challenge comes in when I have to individually wrap each treat for sale, per the school's protocol. The school is moving in the direction of a zero waste system, which is excellent, but I am stumped as to a good (and inexpensive) solution to this challenge.  Many thanks in advance!
Nikki
Scott Scott

Re: Market Day Baking at School

Couple ideas:
1. If you must wrap the items - per school policy - you could at least wrap them in paper, so that it is at least recyclable / compostable.
2. You could encourage people to bring their own reusable cloth sacks that you simply put the baked goods into...you could even offer reusable cloth bags for sale to encourage that practice.

cheers - Scott