Locations that have refused my jars (Milpitas,CA South Bay Area)

csiu8990 csiu8990

Locations that have refused my jars (Milpitas,CA South Bay Area)

Failures and refusals:
1. Milpitas Safeway:
     -They had a large selection of bulk food items. I got very excited and rushed to the customer service desk to get my jars tared. Not only was I turned down twice by staff. The manager also said they could not "tare" the machines. After several attempts I left and went to Whole foods.

2. Milpitas Lion Market:
     -It is a Chinese supermarket so I didn't expect to be successful. I brought my jar to the meat counter and asked them to fill it with shrimp. The Chinese man proceeded to put the item in a bag, against my wishes, and then put the shrimp in the jar. Then he handed me the bag with the sticker on it. TOTAL FAIL! He then walked away and no one else would help me because they thought I was too much trouble.

Successful Locations Shopped:
1. All stores will take my produce bags without TARE.
2. Whole Foods (of course) they are awesome!
3. Milpitas Farmers Market

Will not be defeated so I will continue to update as I find new places for Bulk items and Meat. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Kaylee Kaylee

Re: Locations that have refused my jars (Milpitas,CA South Bay Area)

I live in the Milpitas area too and I have been looking for bulk stores to take my containers. Damn, it such a bummer that Safeway won't accept it because it's such a close location to my home. Which whole foods did you go to where they accept your containers (the alameda in DTSJ or the one in santa clara)?
csiu8990 csiu8990

Re: Locations that have refused my jars (Milpitas,CA South Bay Area)

Hi Kaylee. Any whole food will accept jars now. The new one in santa clara should take them. I do have success with any grocery taking my mesh produce bags. They just put it on the scale like usual. Good luck!

On Jan 7, 2017 7:03 PM, "Kaylee [via .]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I live in the Milpitas area too and I have been looking for bulk stores to take my containers. Damn, it such a bummer that Safeway won't accept it because it's such a close location to my home. Which whole foods did you go to where they accept your containers (the alameda in DTSJ or the one in santa clara)?

http://x.994912.n3.nabble.com/Locations-that-have-refused-my-jars-Milpitas-CA-South-Bay-Area-tp4026727p4027123.html
To unsubscribe from Locations that have refused my jars (Milpitas,CA South Bay Area), click here.
NAML
laura.vaiciulenaite laura.vaiciulenaite

Re: Locations that have refused my jars (Milpitas,CA South Bay Area)

Hello, I'm from Lithuania. Here according the government legislations buyers can't bring their own containers for hygiene purposes. All the containers must be provided by seller/ or producer, containers must be fresh new, never used before.. Did someone face similar legislations in your country? Thanks it's really important.

Re: Locations that have refused my jars (Milpitas,CA South Bay Area)

This post was updated on .
It varies from location to location in the States, although who knows what will happen now! A work around is to clean and reuse the store's containers if you have the option to fill from bulk bins. How would they know the difference?
The biggest problem is when a store sets out the product in their [plastic] container.